* * * If you’re not comfortable with creating databases in cPanel etc, but you can install WordPress (or you have an existing WordPress setup you want to overwrite with the blog), then you can follow these instructions.
- Download the WPInstall version of your blog from the member’s area (Your Blogs tab). You do not need to open or extract this, just download the zip file as is. Also, please keep the name of the file intact.
- Log in to your existing WordPress install. Look up and install the “WPVivid” plugin from the WordPress plugin repository.
- In the WPVivid admin menu, you can use the “Backup Now” button to make a backup of the current site and download it (in case you want to preserve the current site).
- Scroll down the page, and click on the Upload tab. Upload the zip file you extracted above here.
- Once the upload completes, the blog file will now be listed in the list of backups. You can now click on the Restore icon on this backup tab, and it will proceed with overwriting the blog on the current site.
- If asked to, select “Restore and replace original domain (URL)”, and click the Restore button.
- You can now see the step by step restore process.
- Once the restoration is completed, you’ll be logged out of the system, and asked to login again (this time, using the username and password provided to you in the member’s area). This marks the restoration as completed. Again, it would be a good thing to go to Settings > Permalinks and click on the Save button once to save your Permalink structure at this point, to make sure all your links work well.